Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I found a Job and some other Adventures...

So for the past week I have been searching aimlessly for a job. Not just any job, but a job that will allow me flexibility, money to pay my bills and a job that will allow me to still have time to volunteer during the day. I am proud to announce that I did find that job!! The stats on the job are pretty cool as well. They had 800 applicants and they hired 10 people, yay I was one of the 10. I take pride in this because I had many rejections on job offers, so this put a boost in my faith again. =D I work different shows for them. It is a venue in Times Square where comedy shows take place, poetry nights, showcases, banquets, etc. Its called the Times Square Arts Center.

I work the shows and/or events. I am also doing marketing for them, talking with different organizations letting them know about the venue and tickets and such. So its exciting. It's very flexible scheduling so it allows me space to travel back to Cali, and do what I want until I hear back from Grad School. I am giving myself until I hear back from Grad School to make my next move, until then I am enjoying the vivacious city of NY.

In addition to looking for a job I have enjoyed my roommates!! Here is a pic of my roommates, on our roomie night out!!

They have been a great support system, and we all get along soo well. They inspire me and they all have such good hearts. I am so lucky to have them as a part of my life at this point!!! Roommates make or break situations I feel. There is nothing worse than coming home after a long day and having crappy roommates. I come home to awesome roomies so thats a GEM!

Also I went to New Jersey last weekend to hang out with my cousins!!! One of my cousins Nadia live in Jersey with her husband, and her sister Nada lives in Cali and she came out for a week. Nadia was having surgery, and everything turned out well thank God, so it was nice to just spend cousin time bonding. Here are me and my awesome cousins:

Another thing I did in the City was visit the place I have been wanting to visit for soooo long, the United Nations Headquarters. My goal is to one day work there, so I am prepping myself, and it was amazing to visit. I went with my friend Sam and we took a tour of the UN building. We got to see the Assembly room where a representative from each of the 192 countries meet. Here's a picture of it (I was surprised they let us take pictures inside):

And here is a picture of NYC from the United Nations Building.... breath taking!!!

I love my life right now. It has been such a great opportunity to get to know new people, explore an amazing city, and see God providing and opening doors for me. I miss everyone back home terribly, especially my lifegroup, my family and my close friends (you know who you are). All the pictures are courtesy of my Blackberry, I dont want to look too touristy......

Miss you all.....thanks for joining me on this amazing adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment