Tuesday, February 10, 2009

4 Days till New York, Toms and turning 24


"So many people live within unhappy circumstance and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more dangerous to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of the living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences and hence there is no greater joy than to have endlessly changing horizon for each day to have a new and different sun." ----Chris McCandless

I read this quote today online for an awesome website called ww.tomsshoes.com. It's a fantastic website that manufactures environmentally friendly shoes. For every pair of shoes bought they send a pair of shoes to a child in need! I think that is fantastic, my sister was showing me the website today. Anyhow, this quote really hit home for me. I believe every word in it, and I know that this will be a journey of growth, perseverance and love.

I know from each encounter I have in New York I will feel those 3 things. Growing, putting my best foot forward, and developing relationships with God's people. Currently, I am packing away. I thought I had it all figured out, yet while I was packing noticed I have wayyyyyy too much stuff that I don't need to take with me. So I keep minimizing and minimizing.

I finished up my grad school essay last night, and sent it out a few hours ago to some close friends for revisions. I will have my graduate application sent out before I head off to New York on Saturday!!! 4 days! I can't believe I will be moving to NY in 4 days.

In further news, I am accepting the reality that today is my 24th birthday! Wow, 24 already. Where did all the time go? I am looking forward to spending this day with my mom, dad and sister. The day will start out with quality time with me, my mom and sister, then the evening will consist of have dinner with my baba (baba in arabic means dad). Spending that quality time with the family is important. Again I am really just embracing the moments at hand. Life is good. I can't wait to have time to do yoga again. I miss it!! I have been so busy packing, rearranging, networking, attending board meetings and spending that quality time with those closest to me. Well I should get back to packing, and then get some sleep. My sister will be here at 9am to pick me up....then we are off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment